Glass & Mirror Care
Use the guidelines below to keep your glass and mirror clean and usable for years to come:
- The best and safest cleaner for glass and mirror is clean warm water used with a soft clean cloth. Be sure to not allow edges of mirror to remain wet for extended periods of time.
- Do not use any acidic or alkali cleaners on glass, mirror or installation metals.
- Never use abrasive cleaners or powders.
- Never use abrasive cleaning instruments like steel wool.
- For more aggressive cleaning use commercial glass cleaners that contain no ammonia or vinegar. We recommend our branded glass cleaner.
- Avoid newspaper or any other towels that contain contaminants or lint.
- Avoid spraying cleaners directly on glass or mirrors. We recommend spraying onto soft cloth or towel and then cleaning surface.
- Always use a soft, clean, grit-free cloth when cleaning to reduce chances of scratching and abrasions.
- Be sure to dry product fully to avoid prolonged contact with cleaners and solvents. Keep cleaners off mirror backing to avoid deterioration.
- Good ventilation of glass or mirror product avoids moisture buildup (‘sweating’) and reduces risk of corrosion or damage to glass and mirror. This includes proper bathroom ventilation and utilizing buttons/spacers on tabletops.
By following these simple guidelines you prolong the life of your glass or mirror and the product will provide you many years of successful use.
Care and Cleaning Links
• Care and Cleaning of Tru-Vue® ‘Non-Glare’ and ‘Conservation’ Glass